Friday, March 28, 2008

Silly Sewing Nonsense!

Silly sewing nonsense always makes a quick project take forever. Not a good thing. I'm making a funky print tee right now and added 1" to the bottom hem just 'cuz. So I go to pin (it's princess seamed) the side fronts to the center front piece and discover the side fronts were cut too close to the selvedge where there are no sequins. It would have been quite noticeable IMO.

So... I cut out two more side front replacement pieces and there's still enough material leftover to whip up a simple, elastic waistband knee length skirt, thank goodness. However, I forgot to add the extra 1" to the side fronts. So I'm wondering why there is extra ease but I just pin-fit the extra ease and stitch it. Then I'm wondering why there is puckering on the seam, and it hits me! I forgot to add the 1" at the bottom him. Rip, rip, rip! At least it wasn't a knit stitch on the front princess seams because ripping the knit stitch is the equivalent of sticking one's eye with a toothpick.

Right now the tee is on my dress form waiting for side seam tweaking. Maybe tomorrow I'll finish it.

1 comment:

Paula Gardner said...

Oh, I'm so glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like that. I added 1" to the length of the bodice back on a dress I was making for my DGD for Christmas and forgot to add it to the front and of course, no additional fabric was available as this was 15 year old fabric from my stash. It's amazing to me, sometimes, how many seemingly fatal errors you can make during construction and still end up with a wearable garment.