Saturday, March 15, 2008

The Joys of Parenting

Here it is, 11:47 p.m. on a Saturday night, and we just got finished transfering my daughters' bunk bed into the boys' room. That included disassembling and reassembling the darn thing with screws and screw contraptions that I swear were made who knows where. It's a beautiful pine bunk bed that cost me a bundle and the screws are awful. There's no excuse for that. You'd think the delivery people could have least mentioned something about it when they delivered it and put it together many years ago. At least forewarned us. A one hour job took about 4 hours!

Anyway, what a sight to see! My 11-year old son is not the most coordinated guy. Much unlike his younger "Tarzan" brother. Seeing him climb up a vertical ladder gave him the shakes. Then he had a lot of trouble getting back down. All six of us where in his room trying to teach him how to get down the ladder in the most effective way possible. It was quite a hoot. Finally, his 16-year old sister had to come in and demonstrate for him. The way she's done for the last 8 years.

I did get some sewing done on my purses this afternoon. I was moving right along with linings when I heard the call of wild to help with the bed. After that it was down to the batting cages and tennis, then a wonderful Saturday evening at Walmart doing some wonderful grocery shopping. What exciting lives we parents live, don't we?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I usually wind up doing the Walmarting on Friday nights which used to be my sewing night.
I'm looking at your sliding photos and I'm so impressed with all of your projects!