Thursday, July 31, 2008

Check it out.


Yeah, baby! This was a wonderful evening when I tried on my dress muslin. I just had to pin out a smidge of extra at the top edge in the back with the princess seams.


I transferred 2" of extra fabric (upper edge gape) to the side seam as a horizontal bust dart, among the other alterations I listed in my previous post today. I tried it on and was thrilled with the alterations made on the tissue and whipped up with this muslin.

Tomorrow I'll tweak the back princess seams in tissue on the back bodice, draft a partial lining, and get right to work. Just can't wait to wear this dress next week!


Here are the muslin previews. It does look better on me I think. My bust is filling out the dress better than my dress form and I didn't clip my curves, nor press anything.




3 comments:

Keely said...

Looking very promising. I'm looking forward to seeing the final dress.

kasizzle said...

I can't wait to see the final product!

Lindsay T said...

Lookin' good!