Friday, April 24, 2009

Semi-formal dress muslin: Version 1.1

Two pics here...



Fugly muslin Version 1.1 at left.

Fugly muslin Version 1.0 at right.


DD#2 has not tried on V 1.1 yet. I just finished attaching the new upper front to the dress last night. I think the style of 1.1 will be much more flattering on her figure. The deep v-neck will narrow her upper chest and shoulders, the curved midriff band will be slimming design detail.
The next fitting is tonight, after dinner.

My mobility is returning! After a very sore Wednesday and Thursday, my incision is healing nicely and my right upper back/shoulder area is feeling really fine. It was difficult cutting a new front Wednesday night with my rotary cutter. I was trying to use more of my body weight than arm weight when cutting the new front. The fabric was single layer and thin so that was good.

5 comments:

Dawn said...

I like it!!!

gwensews said...

Either will be a pretty dress.

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

Very sweet dress, very feminine, which I always like.

2BSewing: said...

I actually like both versions of 1.0 and 1.1. Cool numbering system you have going. lol! BTW, I'm glad you are healing. Hope you're feeling better and back to normal. :)

Martin T said...

Hello mate greatt blog