Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Boys' Jeans

There are few things more frustrating than promising something specific in a garment and forgetting to do it when sewing it, which is exactly what I did. I making jeans for my boys. They hate RTW jeans. DS#2 specifically asked for side seam pockets, and I yes'd him but remembered AFTER sewing up and finishing the side seams. Yuck! Rip, rip, rip!!! I just drafted a side seam pocket last night and, hopefully, will get to putting them in today. After that, a simple elastic waistband finish will finish the jeans. He desparately needs three new pairs and this is number two. Maybe I will even get a chance to cut out number 3 today but that might be pushing it.

Once those jeans are done, DS#1 needs 3 new pairs of jeans too. As I start his, I will *finally* work on cutting out a casual, close-fitting trouser pattern that I've been perfecting the last three months. The alterations just need to be transferred to the pattern and it will be good to go. DD#2's jeans pattern needs to be drafted as well but at least that is half done. So...I'll be working on pants/jeans for three people over the next two-three weeks--myself, DS#2, and DD#2.

Busy, busy, busy!!!

No comments: