Thursday, February 9, 2012

Little Disappointments

I placed two orders last week from fabric.com. 3 fabrics in each order. One had wool suiting, wool/cashmere melton, and black fleece.

The fleece was a big disappointment. It had deep, vertical crease lines running from selvedge to selvedge. I need to return it. All four yards of it. I went out to JoAnn's today and bought 4 yards of their anti-pill fleece. It looks so much better. The wool/cashmere melton was advertised as being suitable for something like a coat or winter jacket? It's more like suiting fabric if you ask me, but I'll keep it. It is nice, just much thinner than what I was expecting. The wool suiting was really nice though.

Second order was a green rayon/lycra knit, a stretchy, black don't know what (DD#2 put it in the cart), and a lacy-look ITY. The ITY looked terrible, nothing like the screen pic. That is going to be returned as well. The other two were nice--they're keepers.

So 4 out of 6 were good, but the two stinkers have to be returned. I think I need to head into NYC PR Weekend for some nice wool. Paron's anyone?

No comments: