Thursday, January 29, 2009

A Perfect Match!

I received a call today from the owner's daughter of Leather, Suede, Skins in NYC. (I can say her name just fine, don't ask me to spell it though). PR Members that went to PR Weekend 2007 will remember her. She was very helpful. I sent her a swatch of my blue-ish wool and print lining for my jacket/coat and wanted a muted, gold-tone leather to match. About an hour ago she called indicating she had a perfect match! How cool is that?! It will arrive either tomorrow or Monday, and I'm very excited about it. I'll spend at least a day petting and smelling it ;) .

Also, the snow and ice storm here in the Northeast proved immensely productive for me. I tweaked the bust apex position on Simplicity 4047 (wrap dress) and redesigned the Santa Monica tee. My post on the redesign is forthcoming.

Also, I nominate Alexandra, Louella, and Robin for the Kreativ Blog Award! All of them make fantastic garments! These three bloggers are truly creative and make such stylish clothes. If you haven't checked out their blogs, be sure to do so. Alexandra also has this amazing knitting machine with lots of samples as of late. Now that's my kind of knitting ;) . I messed up counting the days in my cycle once and ended up with a 4th cute little bundle of joy. Imagine the mess I'd make with knitting because of not being able to keep track of a stitch count. Machines are good for my subpar mathematical skills. Robin is on the Best of 2008 Pattern page at PR so check that out if you haven't already.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Thanks so much for the award and nice comments! I really appreciate it!