Monday, September 22, 2008

Uh...Did I miss something???

My frustration of the day rant:

My credit card company calls me up and explains this new "benefit" for being a valued customer. Something about agreeing to maintain a 0 balance every month and, in addition, I don't have to make minimum payments for 18 mos should a major life calamity occur. (Do you get this??? There would be no minimum payment on a 0 balance! Duh!!!) Or something like this?

If for some reason I agree to this, and don't pay off to a zero balance every month, then I would have to pay 95 cents per every $100 of a balance carried. Gee whiz. That would mean I'd being paying this stupid 95 cents/$100 in addition to interest! Do I look stupid? Are they taking me for a fool? Did I miss something???

My answer to this bank that is obviously outsourcing this call at the expense of the American worker while trying to get more out of my pocket...NO!

4 comments:

Meg said...

I hear your frustration!

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

Amen girl! I just finished having a frustrating moment myself with someone who sounded like he was reading from a script. I have never had a yearly fee on my card, and all of a sudden I got one. I asked them to send me a copy of my orginal agreement and they had me on hole for 20 min!

Robin said...

This is so annoying!! I hate telemarketing. I always say that I don't know who buys from them, but someone must or they wouldn't waste money on paying people to do it (even the peanuts they are paying them to do it in developing nations.)

Slots Odds said...

I am ready to help you, set questions.