Sunday, February 22, 2009

Simplicity 4074

This is a much improved version from my purple wrap top which was a muslin. The purple top was made from a crappy knit, really awful, which couldn't hold a press and was so flimsy. I much prefer "beefy" knits with some texture.

Here's the pattern:


Here's my version:


It's made from a lovely Slinky print, not without the woes from my previous post. Namely a major fabric snag in the fabric that I didn't realize was there when cutting. It really did look like a tiny crease. However, the fabric print kind of hides it so it shouldn't be too noticeable. I lightened up the photo so you can see the print. The fabric is kind of a shimmery grey shade with a navy blue raised design. The print has kind of a velvet feel.

I'll try to do a review soon and model it. The fit is superb on this one, although I don't think Phat Chick (ETA--as in my Phat Chick dress form) does it justice in her overstuffed fiberfill bod. Also, it's amazing what moving the bust fullness will do, isn't it? I thought that was my major fitting issue on the muslin so I adjusted the bust fullness and voila! There's a lovely purple velvet type of knit in my stash from PR Weekend 2006 so a second wrap dress is in the works. The pattern ties were omitted because, well, I just don't like ties.

More later.

3 comments:

Rhoto said...

"I don't think Phat Chick does it justice in her overstuffed bod." You're talkin' about the same gal who does sit-ups on an incline board?? "NOT!!"
Looking forward to seeing you model your pretty dress!
Soft hug,
Rhonda in Montreal (PR)

Kat said...

LOL, Rhonda! I meant Phat Chick, the dressform :) . It is way overstuffed and looks at least 4 1/2 months preggo from the side.

Maryissewfast said...

Hi Kat, I nominated you for the Sisterhood award...go check out my blog to see the great things I said about you! Mary