Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Horrors and Joys

Quick blog post.

Look at this UGLY situation:

Talk about a grainline nightmare (yes, it's torn on the crosswise thread)! I needed a flannel plaid (those teen-age lounge pants) in red, white, and black. Searched all over the Internet and couldn't find anything. A major retailer (you know who) had this on the clearance table. Why oh why didn't I check the crosswise threads with the print--I should have known better. It has happened to me before with this retailer. This, however, is the worst grainline to print horror I've seen ever! I'm making lounge pants for DD#2 way off grain and even then, the print is skewed as well. If the pants were for me, I'd return the fabric. What a sewing headache/mess.

Now here's the joy. Remember that gold leather I mentioned before? Here it is with the blue wool and print lining. Mmmm! I'm loving this trio of fabrics. I'd like to make this up into my jacket before the weather turns. Hopefully I'll get it done.

6 comments:

Maryissewfast said...

Yikes! That plaid is horrible! But loving your coat trio!!!

Nancy K said...

Unfortunately there is often a reason why fabrics end up on the cheap table. This happened do Cidell with her fabric for the bag she is working on. At least it was cheap.

~ Kimberlee B ~ said...

I'm sure you'll work magic with it anyway, as you always do!

Jackie said...

Oh my, that grainline is bad! But for lounge pants you'll make it work I'm sure! I love the colors for your coat!

gwensews said...

OUCH !!!!

angie.a said...

Omgosh that print is beautiful!! Is that your LINING?? Wow. I'd be opening my coat all the time and peeking at it. :D