Sunday, February 15, 2009

A Breather!

Okay. I feel like I'm up to my neck in work. Swimming with just my nose right above the water. So here it is late Sunday night and I'm taking a breather. So much work it feels like I'm back in college.

Which leads me to talk about dreams. You know when life gets busy and you get weird dreams? Most of the time, I don't remember my dreams after about 5 minutes of being awake. I always remember the panic, though, of those dreams when your college calls you after you've been on the job 20 years and says, "Oh...BTW, you missed 3 credits and you didn't really graduate!"

Anyway, a few days ago I had a very strange dream. Some of you know that one of my daughters plays softball. She's a pretty good pitcher and defensive player. And amidst all the hullabaloo of my busy week, I actually remember a weird dream. I dreamed I was a softball pitcher and a good one at that. (Told you it was a dream!). The coaches were all excited about putting me on the mound and so was I. Until I remembered I couldn't field at all. Couldn't catch, couldn't throw (now that's real life). And I was in a state of panic telling them, "What do you want me to do if the ball comes back at me??? I can't catch, nor throw. What the heck am I supposed to do?" No one seemed to care. They kept telling me I'd be fine, nothing to worry about. And I'm going crazy thinking about a dreaded line drive. No one was worried except me. Someone asked, "How come you can't play any defense?" I told them it was because my mom and dad never played catch with me. (Where's the laughing emoticon LOL!) And then I woke up.

I told you it was weird. I couldn't wait to tell DH and the kids because it was kind of funny. To know me is to know I have no athletic ability. A gym rat, but no athlete. The weirdest dream in a while.

Has anyone else had a crazy dream lately? Good enough to share? Gotta get back to work. Little mini breaks are good though.

1 comment:

Keely said...

If you want to laugh - I woke up the other night all panicked because I'd been dreaming there were velociraptors in the house, lol. I know I can be a worrywort about the kids at times but I think that's one I can safely stop worrying about. :)