I've never worked with a Burda pattern before. This is not from BWOF, but was a pattern I picked up at JoAnn's last February or March. It's my coat I'm working on, and the pattern description says "Very loose fitting". Well that is "very" correct!
Sometimes pattern descriptions are not very accurate, but this one is. I like the coat, but was not necessarily prepared for the "bigness" of it. It was tissue-fitted last March so I probably forgot. The shoulders are dropped, but I did narrow the shoulders in tissue so they're about where they should be for this style. The sleeves have draglines as one would expect from the roomy fit. When I was sitting down dusting off my pattern several days ago and figuring out where I left off, I noticed the biggest clue that it was going to be this way--no shoulder darts or princess seams. So really, I was mentally prepared for a boxy jacket.
Here's the current state of the jacket on my dressform--just the fashion fabric layer:
Since this is almost a year later, my tastes have changed over the last 9 or 10 months and I'm currently interested in another pea coat for my closet. I'll get to that, but not until I finish this coat. The body is finished, and over the next week I'll work on the lining/interlining layer and welt pockets. The pattern has welt pockets as step 2 or 3, but I save that for last. Experimentation with position will be necessary.
Overall, a very productive day. Thanks to an ice storm which kept everyone inside :). And thankfully, with no power outages.