Simplicity 4277. Heavily revamped/altered version. I always feel cheerful in this top. And it highlights the "female assets" well ;) .
Simplicity 3799. Made the neckband wider with crystal embellishments. Sparkly stuff brings out the inner '80's me. Matches my big hair well :) .
Threads top from the Pattern-less Sewing article. It's such a different style and print for me. I have yet to wear it because it's waiting for matching capris pants.
My fave accessory project. Too bad I don't own it. It was a Mother's Day present for my mom:
Made from Emma Brennan's Vintage Handbag book.
That's pretty much it sewing wise for 2008. I did many more crafty type of things, more than I care to, but learned things from it.
On to my SEWING GOALS FOR 2009!
In no particular order:
- Get to know my various presser feet. I'm a lazy sewer and will waste time trying to figure out how to do something without changing the snap-on feet. Yes, I did say snap-on! It goes back to the days of using cams and I never wanted to bother with them. I have to get over that mentality of "It will stop my sewing" and think "It will actually make my sewing easier and save time."
- Do more "Thinking Woman's Sewing". I need coats. I need blazers. I need pants. My custom pants draft is done. Untested. Gotta get going with these things. It's been a long timed since I've done a lined blazer. Far too long.
- Embroider 300 designs this year. I have the machine. It does the work for me. All I have to do is change the threads. I want to think outside the box with embroidery and think of ways to apply my embroidery to accessories and garments. I have about 5 already done (got started early!)
Then it got me to thinking about the PR Awards this year. And, of course, some I voted for and some I didn't. So I'd like to present my own for the obvious reasons of the award titles.
- "I WANT YOUR CLOSET OF CLOTHES" Award: http://themahoganystylist.blogspot.com/
- "HOT SEWING MOM" Award: http://www.kims-kouture.blogspot.com/
- "YOU ARE TOTALLY INSPIRING" Award: http://www.lindsaytsews.com/ and http://sewingbytheseatofmypants.blogspot.com/
- "I LEARN SO MUCH FROM YOU" Award: http://sigridsewingprojects.blogspot.com/, http://gorgeousthings.blogspot.com/, http://jemimabean.blogspot.com/, and http://rustybobbin.com/blog/
- "INCREDIBLE KINDNESS AWARD": http://sewfastembroidery.blogspot.com/
- "WISHED YOU LIVED NEXT TO ME" Award: http://rhotos-rag.blogspot.com/ , http://2bsewing.blogspot.com/, http://yarncrawl.typepad.com/ , and everyone on my blog roll and then some!
That's it for today, New Year's Day 2009. May it bring peace, lots of sewing time, much-needed prosperity, and an end to CEO's making millions with failing companies.
Happy New Year's, and I'm off to co-make a meal of Scalloped Potatoes, Filet Mignon with mushrooms and onions, asparagus with Hollandaise sauce, and some dessert. I'll assign DD#1 to the dessert task. She always full of surprises.