Saturday, January 5, 2008

Soft Handbag Construction

One of the things I love about Patternreview.com are the wonderful classes offered by excellent instructors. My current class, Soft Handbag Construction, is no exception! Kenneth King is another great instructor with very clear, concise, and easy to understand lessons. I'm about 3/4's done with the soft handbag I'm making in his class and can't wait to use it. It's more of an evening bag design, I think, for lightweight use, but really cute and well constructed.

Right now I'm thinking of embellishments as I finish up the bag part. The lining is already prepared for insertion. Might have to get out those decorative threads to do some serging tomorrow for embellishment purposes.

The only drawback to taking classes is my time away from current projects. I have yet to embellish the waist inset on my dress and get going on my jacket. I'm going to take the rigid handbag construction class as well, so that pretty much covers the month of January. So when I get the time, all things will finally get done.

No comments: