Friday, January 11, 2008

The Jacket is Done!

My black&white herringbone jacket from Simplicity 4047 is done! I think it looks very much like the picture on the pattern cover. I'll be doing a review of it very soon. Only a couple of boo-boo's along the way, but I think it has achieved, IMO, the "Illusion of Perfection". That's a quote from Kenneth King and those are very wise words. A few minutes ago I had it on and walked into my bedroom to check it out in the mirror. DH says, "You look like Jackie Kennedy. That's what she would wear." So, yes, I did achieve the look I wanted with this retro pattern. As in clothing style, 'cuz I don't look anything like Jackie Kennedy LOL.
Tomorrow or Sunday I hope to get some pictures of the finished garment and do a pattern review.

2 comments:

kasizzle said...

OOOOOh, can't wait to see it!

Kat said...

kasizzle, I just can't wait to wear it! It's been a month+ long adventure trying to get it done. It seemed like it would never happen.