Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Dress is Done

I've decided not to put any more work into my red dress. It's just not my favorite pattern anymore. I don't mind the broad upper body look of the late 80's, but I don't think the neckline is that flattering on me anymore. Butterick 6582 shown below was my first choice (and I do plan on making that one with royal blue silk dupioni!) but it was too summery for this time of year. However, the redeeming quality of my dress is that is goes very nicely with my houndstooth jacket.


Here's the finished, but not-my-fave-anymore dress.



I have the reviewed the dress on Patternreview.com and am moving on. Today I'm finishing up my purse from Kennenth King's class, planning another winter jacket, and am working on a winter mini dress. I'll try to post my project pics in the next few days.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I love that retro dress pattern, and I think it'll look fabulous in blue dupioni. Can't wait to see that one finished.

Cennetta said...

Pretty lady in a pretty dress.