Friday, December 14, 2007

Sewing Gifts for Christmas

Today I have to go out and do a laundry list of shopping tasks. One of my stops is to my absolute favorite store, Poconos Sew and Vac, found online at www.poconosewandvac.com . It is a phenomenal dealer with great prices and a super knowledgeable staff. The only minor downside is the majority of their classes are geared (IMO) toward crafting and quilting. However, it's such a great store I can overlook that :) . I need to pick up some embroidery needles for my Janome 300E. I'm planning on making embroidered pillowcases for my daughter's friends for Christmas and those are such Q&E projects. In fact, I'm going to make friends again with my serger. We've become more like acquaintances ever since I've been working on fitting. Serging and fitting don't go together for me. Nothing like ripping out serged seams. But pillowcases are begging to be serged.

Then I have to stop at a ribbon and craft store that carries nice cottons for the pillowcases for sports and horses. Hopefully, the ones I want will still be in stock. Off to get started on my busy day...



ETA..and here are the pillowcase fabrics. 3 girls will get softball, 1 a kitty cat because there were no soccer or field hockey prints, 2 tennis, and 2 horses. One of the tennis pillowcases will be for DD#1--astounding! She actually asked for a pillowcase. Like something made by me would actually be kind of cool???

Oh...and another thing. I looked lovingly at a Babylock Evolve serger/coverstitch machine while choking on the $1990 price tag. But what a machine!!! WHAT A MACHINE!!! D***, that is THE machine, isn't it?!?!

No comments: