Sunday, September 21, 2008

Time Flies!

Has it really been over a week since my last post??? I have a few minutes to breathe right now! I haven't been able to get any sewing done; however, in order to ease my stitch cravings, my embroidery machine has been smokin'. I'm making some Autumn wall hangings, a few for myself, and several to sell. Last year I bought some Fall embroidery designs with every intention of using them last year, but you know how life gets in the way.

Right now there about 8 stitchouts of 2 designs with plans to do a total of 16. I've been looking for Autumn-themed cotton fabric, but haven't found something that appeals to me as of yet. Once I find the right fabric, I'm going to use that as my backing along with some batting to give it more structure. They'll be the perfect-sized wall hangings for a small bathroom or as fillers on a wall.

I'll post the designs sometime this week. One of my children knocked my card reader off my computer desk and now it doesn't work! I'm not going to pay $35 at Staples when I can get the identical card reader at Walmart for $24. Problem is, I'm not going to make a special trip until I need to get other things so it will have to wait.

Hopefully, I can make a few Christmas wall hangings similar to my Autumn ones, but I'm going to wait until the designs go on sale. A Hanukah (sp?) design would be nice, too, for my Jewish friend, Carin.

No comments: