Monday, January 25, 2010

It Happened Again! :(

10 months ago, I was rear ended by a guy going about 30-35 mph to the tune of $3500 damage to my van, and a slightly sore neck.

Two days ago I was slammed by a car that went through a stop sign as I was traveling south on a major roadway in my town. DD#1 and I saw it come out, I slammed on my brakes and swerved to the right in hopes that if she slammed on her brakes she could minimize the impact. She didn't even see me, didn't even hit her brakes, and slammed into the driver's front side of my van between the headlight and my door.

Her front end was severely damaged, and her car totaled. I have yet to hear about my van. The damage didn't look too bad, but sometimes looks can be deceiving. I hope it's not totaled. I got the ambulance ride on a stretcher with a neck brace. My two kids went along for the ride. DD#1 went to the hospital later for the same tests.

End result. Seat belts work. CT scans showed all hardware and software in the right places :) . But our necks, heads, shoulders, and backs are achy and sore. DS#1 was sitting in the back and appeared not to have tensed up at all. He has no soreness, no injury of any kind. Prescription meds to the rescue, and we're visiting the chiro tonight. The other driver was able to walk away just fine. The rental car is a brand new Jeep Liberty with satellite radio. At least I can hear my 80's tunes while awaiting the news on my van.

Saturday night I comforted myself while finishing up the first half of my lingerie sewing for the PR Lingerie contest and got some major work done on DH's jacket. After an achy, restless Saturday, I figured Percoset would be a necessity for Sunday night sleep. Can't say that was much better because it made be dizzy before bed (that's in itself is not much of problem for sleep), but it gave me very weird dreams. Weird sewing dreams would be okay, weird scary dreams are not.

Hopefully within a week everything should be better. I'm holding off on the gym until Wednesday and will see what I can do. At least I'm in great shape to begin with, so that should help the recovery go quickly.

Now I'm grumpy and achy again. The prescription Ibuprofen has worn off so I'll grump somewhere else for now. Maybe look for some ribbing in my stash for DH's jacket. That should cheer me up a bit.

9 comments:

Gail said...

Hope the other driver was insured. Glad to hear you are all safe.

Robin said...

Sorry to hear about the accident!! I hope you are feeling better soon! I am thinking of entering the lingerie contest too.

Jeness said...

I'm sorry to hear about your accident, but happy to hear that you are all ok-well apart from being shaken and sore. Get well soon.

Keely said...

Thank goodness you're all okay. Hopefully all the niggly pains go away soon. I had to think for a minute about how steering right would minimise the impact before I had the 'duh!' moment and realised you have LH steering and drive on the other side of the road. :)

gwensews said...

How many lives does a cat have? Maybe you better think about buying a tank? Wow, I'm glad you and your children are going to be okay after suffering through some aches and pains.

Sigrid said...

Glad to hear you and your kids are ok after such an accident. Get well soon.

Dawn said...

Yikes!!! Glad everything is all okay. Hopefully the little stuff goes away soon too.

Connie B said...

How did I miss this?! Glad you are okay- but I see from the next post that you are still feeling the aftermath. After I was in my accident a couple of years ago, the best advice I had was to get a few massage sessions in. It was good advice! Take care.

Sew4Fun said...

Yikes! I hope you all heal quickly and aren't too shaken. Take care.