Monday, November 9, 2009

What's Worse than a UFO?

A UFO that you're working on for someone else! And then getting the inspiration to get it done, then not having enough of a specific notion to finish. Add having to go out and get it and coming down with a flu-like bug when my goal was to finish it by Wednesday.

That white blouse has been done for a couple of weeks and no review. The blue Burda blouse is thisclose to being done, and I have to cut pants for DD#2. Jake is growing by leaps and bounds, I just gave Hayley her second sewing lesson (and probably a flu-like bug as well :( !) That girl is a natural I tell ya. 12 years old with a high degree of motivation and desire. She's like a sponge. That makes teaching sewing so much fun! I want her to join PR so she can display her work, gain confidence, be further inspired, and be one of the fresh sewing faces of tomorrow.

Other stuff at hand? Supposed to have a meeting at school tomorrow...think I'll make it? Don't know. Just don't know. Thanksgiving is coming! Who has time to get sick???

Sorry. No pics. I'm too tired to even take one of my UFO at this point. Stay healthy! Those are my final words for this post.

4 comments:

Gail said...

Good luck with all that. I see you admire the late great Grace Kelly too.

Little Sewing Alcove said...

I like the new look of your blog....pretty.
Feel better!

meredithp said...

After several all-nighters, I know just say "No" to sewing for others. SO hard to be motivated about something that's not yours. Thats why I don't do it for a living, as many people ask.

So sorry you're sick. I hope you get better very soon and can back to what you enjoy.

Nishant said...

like the new look of your blog....pretty.

Work from home India