Wednesday, March 18, 2009

It's only $6300!

Just a brief post about nothing. Yesterday I went to the plastic surgeon for a minor issue that the dermatologist doesn't want to handle. While in the exam room, I'm perusing the plastic surgery brochure, you know, all the stuff that insurances DOESN'T cover. First thing is about tummy tucks. After four relatively big 8-9 lb. babies, my tummy is surprisingly flat for my age, but my skin is loose and wrinkly. Yeah, guess you could add sagging. Not pretty at all. In fact, downright ugly.

So I ask the doc when he comes in, "How much is a tummy tuck?" The nurse and doc both chime in together, "It's $6300, but that's an all inclusive figure. That's everything from X to X, no extra costs." (Sigh). "I think I'll stick with what I've got. I'll make the appointment when I win the lottery." I'd rather spend that money getting my main bathroom redone.

$6300! I'll remember to tell my girls to enjoy their smooth belly skin while it lasts.

1 comment:

Lindsay T said...

Um, we've seen the photos of you. Now why do you need a tummy tuck? It may be cheaper for invisible flab, you know.